Monday, September 15, 2008






Our 3rd annual Glen Eden trip was yet another success. Glen Eden is near Steamboat in a little town called Clark. It's a great tradition we've started with Chris' sister Jenny and husband Ben and their now 4 kids. Here are some shots from our Labor Day Weekend!

I am happy to report I came in third behind the running champs Jenny and Ben Wood in this year's running race up the mountain. We get up early one morning and drive to this one specific trail head and race straight up the mountain to a spot where Ben has dropped a towel or put a marker on the trail (this year it was flour as some hikers took the towel last year.) Once you see the marker, you turn around and race right back down. We go in increments of every 3 minutes so you see, it's pretty organized.

At the cabins, the kids had a blast and Richard and Chance spent most of their time on the play ground there. The weather was nice enough to do some swimming too! I enjoyed the new book I'm reading - Pillars of the Earth- while the kids took turns napping.

If every any of you are looking for a great Labor Day Weekend, you should join us. I'll bet we're there for years and years to come.

On our way out of town, we stop at the alpine slide in Steamboat. There, while waiting, Richard put his cars on display on this doggie's back. Hilarious.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?